Monday, September 24, 2012

Hardware Société with Jenn.

Headed to Hardware Société to meet up with Jenn, who's here on a visit from Sydney, her friend Deetra, and our mutual friend Emica. Another 4 of her friends backed out, but it's always better to socialize in a smaller group of people.

I must say, I was pretty upset with some of the staff there. While I understood that they are a very busy café and that they can't let me just have a table to myself while my whole group of diners weren't there yet, and that they were physically unable to accomodate a table of 8, they could've been less condescending about the whole issue. I was pretty damn pissed off at first, but in the end, we only needed a table for 4 and we were late anyway. All good, but.. probably wouldn't ever go back there if i had a group bigger than 4.

Hardware Société
118-120 Hardware St, Melbourne VIC 3000
03-9078 5992
Mon - Fri 7.30am - 3pm, Sun - Sat, 8.30am - 2pm
The Hardware Sociéte on Urbanspoon

was again, too early for their lunch menu. oh well.

If anyone ever wondered why i keep having the same old soy latté, it's partly because i can't really take dairy. Upsets my stomach big time.. My life sucks, right? 

But.. it's MAINLY because I'd have the same thing to compare everywhere i go.

Soy latté art is apparently hard to do.. i like rosettas best!


Emica and Deetra's scrambled eggs with french earl grey tea smoked salmon with dill, horseradish crème fraiche and asparagus. 


Jenn ordered the fried brioche with lemon curd, cloud meringue and passionfruit.

 i question why i didn't use my camera for more than a whole year here. it makes everyone/thing look better.
Look, even the black pepper grinder looks like it's ad quality.

Jenn did say she has a massive sweet tooth, and La Belle Miette was just down the road.

La Belle Miette
30 Hardware Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

i make it a point to bring every guest i have in Melbourne here. 

Hope you had a fun albeit short brunch, Jenn! 
Enjoy your day watching The Veronicas and have a safe flight back to Sydney tomorrow night!

i try to bring my gym gear everywhere now. gives me no excuses to skip gym for the day.

I need to bring my camera out more often. Can't believe I haven't been doing it at all. Upsets.

Nothing today was from my jar, but check out #jarofcafes on instagram! It's where I keep track of the places I go to, instead of scrolling through my entire instagram feed.

/ edit /


Food: 7
Coffee: 6
Ambience: 6
Value: 6
Staff: 5


time to get started on my macro, qm2, marketing and APA assignments
may.

2 comments:

Libby | The Very Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Ah been meaning to try this place but haven't had the time yet. Those baos look delicious - how do they fare compared to Nam Loong (which is my default place for baos in the city)?

May Lim said...

It's a little more gourmet, that's for sure. Nam Loong is a little more.. how do i put it.. hawker, somewhat? Maybe the decor and location might've affection my perception, but in terms of taste, it's definitely a step ahead of Nam Loong as well. Do try the Fried tofu gua bao (kinda like a taiwanese style bao and is only available after 10.30am), it's my favourite. Looking forward to your review of the place!